Kent Supports National Tree Day 2017 Through Greenfleet Partnership
27th July, 2017
- Schools Tree Day on Friday 28 July 2017
- National Tree Day on Sunday 30 July 2017
National Tree Day is a fantastic opportunity to reconnect with nature, and to do something positive for both your local community and the environment. Established in 1996, it is Australia’s largest community tree planting and nature care event. In fact, in the 20 years since it was established, National Tree Day has seen over 3.8 million people plant more than 23 million trees.
Kent’s long-term partnership with Greenfleet helps us to reduce the impact that our operations have on the environment and offset our carbon footprint, by planting trees throughout Australia. For every completed customer satisfaction survey returned to us, we plant one native tree with the help of Greenfleet. Because of this long-standing partnership, more than 17,000 trees have been planted across Australia.
Greenfleet is the first non-profit forestry offset organisation to be accredited as an Approved Abatement Provider, under the Australian Federal Government’s Greenhouse Friendly™ initiative. Its role is to:
- Reduce carbon from the atmosphere
- Help prevent salinity and soil erosion
- Provide a habitat for native wildlife.
In addition to our partnership with Greenfleet, Kent aims to continually innovate business operations to reduce negative environmental impacts. Kent’s sustainable procurement practice upholds the following:
- Acting socially responsibly and ethically in dealings with customers and suppliers
- Better managing energy and water consumption for the life of our services
- Applying sustainable practices to paper or card use, waste and emissions
- Minimising landfill by repairing, reusing or extending service warranties
- Using 100% recyclable materials, wherever possible
- Investing in a fleet that produced less pollution and in energy saving facilities.
Kent encourages everyone to make National Tree Day 2017 memorable. There are lots of ways to get involved and make a difference to the environment, with hundreds of local community events planned nation-wide.
And when you’re ready to move again, whether it be around the corner or across the globe, remember to make your move count by choosing an environmentally responsible relocations expert such as Kent